Friday, August 18, 2017

The Voices of YA Tag and the Cookie Book Tag!




I'm finally getting to another set of tags! Yays! All of these are book themed. I try to theme all of my tags when I do more than one. XD 





by Caitlin @ Quills and Coffee

Melissa @ Quill Pen Writer and Alexa @ Summer Snowflakes both tagged me for this one! Thank you so much ladies!

Les Rules:
1) Thank the person who tagged you
2) Link to the original creator
3) Answer the ten questions
4) Tag AT LEAST two other YA writers/bloggers


ABOUT THE WRITERS:

#1 - What draws you to YA?

YA is really relatable and comes with some really great plots. It's also (most of the time) a lot cleaner than adult fiction. I'm less likely to be bombarded with a graphic sex scene. I don't do sex scenes.

#2 - Describe your writing process. Do you like outlines and structure, or seeing where the story takes you?

I'm a mix of both. I generally plot out each of my books, but I also let the characters take me in their own directions, but with the basic outline to keep me on track.

#3 - How long have you been writing? Where are you in your journey?

I've been writing seriously for four years. I've written multiple novels. None of them published, but I have written a lot of short stories and essay-like articles that have been published. I've also won a couple of rewards for my writing. My goal is definitely to get my novels published haha.

#4 - What do you need to write? Coffee? Music?

I only need nothing but my laptop, but comfortably I like solitude, tea, fresh fruit, candles, and good music. 

#5 - If you could offer one piece of advice to another writer (OTHER THAN "don't give up"), what would it be?

Your writing journey may not go how you expected it to and that's okay. There's a five-time Bram Stoker award, Top Ten Horror Writers of Our Time author named Jonathan Maberry that was writing the instructions on the back of seed packets of all things before he got a novel published. Also did you know that Johnny Depp was a high school drop-out ball-point pen salesman before he happened to meet Nicholas Cage who got him into the acting industry? Look how successful he is now.

I've been trying to get my novels published for years and I've got plenty of rejections to go along with that. I've become an editor, a social media manager, and a staff writer and I'm a sausage sales representative of all freaking things for my day job. These were positions that were not anywhere near the original game plan, but I feel like all of these things have brought me a little closer to my goal and have grown me as a writer and a person. So just because you may be doing odd jobs to make it as an artist, doesn't mean you're not getting anywhere. 


ABOUT THE BOOKS:

#6 - What book still has you reeling from its plot twist? (*no spoilers please*)

Eye of Minds by James Dashner had a super good twist. I did NOT see it coming, but when it happened everything was lined up perfectly.


#7 - What books are you most anticipating this year?

I suck at keeping track of current book releases. I just sorta read what I think looks good and I also read a lot of popular books to keep up with the market. I guess I'm looking forward to the last Throne of Glass book ... even though I'm not caught up in that series. XD

#8 - In your opinion, what YA book/series has the most unique premise?

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children definitely. It's so obscure and weird it's awesome.



#9 - What is your all-time favourite quote from YA lit?

Well that's hard. I'm a quote fiend, so it's really hard to pick just one. How about I pick a recent fav? Does that work?


"Because I woke up one morning and realized I'd become a man who wouldn't walk into rooms with mirrors. Who wouldn't use polished spoons or look through windows at night, when I might see myself staring back. By pretending the pain was not there, I had let it root. I'd given it power over me. I decided I couldn't be afraid of my own life. My own reflection. So every morning I make myself look in a mirror five minutes. Face it all." ~ Reiniger from Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin

#10 - What book do you most hope will have a movie adaptation?

The Lunar Chronicles pretty please.



The Cookie Book Tag:

The lovely Mary @ Sunshine Scribblings tagged me for this one and it looked super fun--even though I don't have much of a sweet tooth. XD


Chocolate Chip // A book that never gets old

The Hunger Games. I can talk about those books until I'm blue in the face and never ever get tired of it. I can rant about so much about them. XD



Dutch Snowballs // A book that gave you an unexpected surprise

Failstate: Nemesis. I didn't expect the author to go on such a killing spree. It was a really good book, but so much death. XD



Molasses // A book with a character that gets in a sticky situation 

Isn't that like every good book? ;) Well anyone one with a particularly sticky situation is Red Queen. Mare really gets herself in a pickle. 




Oreo // A book dealing with the light and the darkness

Lord of the Rings especially. There's a big dichotomy of good and evil in that series.



Sugar // A book with a sugary sweet villain

I'm not sure exactly what this means but if you mean a villain that didn't seem like a villain but then is a villain and who is also manipulative then it's the one from Shadow and Bone.



Monster // A book that confused your emotions

A Monster Calls definitely messed up my emotions. XD I actually didn't start crying until I was talking about the book to someone then I started sobbing and all of the feels hit me like a ton of bricks.



Snickerdoodle // A book that made you laugh

Cress has made me laugh, especially when it has something to do with Thorne or Cress. XD



Peanut Butter // A book with a nutty character

Gabil in the book Black by Ted Dekker that I'm reading is pretty nutty. XD



Les Nominees:
1.) Erin @ Acoustic Erin

2.) Keturah Lamb @ Keturah's Corner

3.) Andrea @ A Surge of Thunder 

4.) El @ El's Book Reviews

5.) Caroline @ Of Stars and Inkstained Things


The Questions for Your Convenience:

The Voices of YA Tag:

#1 - What draws you to YA?

#2 - Describe your writing process. Do you like outlines and structure, or seeing where the story takes you?

#3 - How long have you been writing? Where are you in your journey?

#4 - What do you need to write? Coffee? Music?

#5 - If you could offer one piece of advice to another writer (OTHER THAN "don't give up"), what would it be?

ABOUT THE BOOKS:

#6 - What book still has you reeling from its plot twist? (*no spoilers please*)

#7 - What books are you most anticipating this year?

#8 - In your opinion, what YA book/series has the most unique premise?

#9 - What is your all-time favourite quote from YA lit?

#10 - What book do you most hope will have a movie adaptation?


The Cookie Book Tag:

Chocolate Chip // A book that never gets old

Dutch Snowballs // A book that gave you an unexpected surprise

Molasses // A book with a character that gets in a sticky situation 

Oreo // A book dealing with the light and the darkness

Sugar // A book with a sugary sweet villain

Monster // A book that confused your emotions

Snickerdoodle // A book that made you laugh

Peanut Butter // A book with a nutty character



Have you done this tag? What are you some of your answers to these questions? 


You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment