Friday, April 7, 2017

Small is Beautiful, Inspire Me, and Blogger Recognition Tags!






So Beautiful People hasn't gone up, so I'm moving the tag post today. I'm really behind on these anyway. XD Without further ado, let's get to it!





The lovely Tracey Dyck from Adventure Awaits tagged me for this when I didn't have 100 followers yet! Thank you so much. ^ ^

Les Rules:
  • Feature 3-5 blogs with fewer than 100 followers.
  • Write 1-3 paragraphs about each blog, including information like what the blog is about, a brief bio of the blogger, and/or why you recommend their blog. Don’t forget a link to their blog!
  • Include an image for each blog, whether it’s a blog button, profile photo, header, or simply a screenshot of the blog.
  • Thank the blogger who featured you, and include a link to their blog. If you like, you can even include them as one of the blogs that you feature (especially if they joined the tag without having been featured by someone else).
  • Include the tag image somewhere in your post.

1.) Out of Coffee Out of Mind

Liz Brooks is funny, honest, and encouraging. She writes about her progress with her books with an amusing sense of humor. She can write ridiculously fast. It's crazy. And she also talks about a lot of her past and current struggles. She has gone through a lot, but seeing her able to push through despite her negative experiences is really inspiring. One of her biggest struggles is dealing with PTSD and I had the honor of having her here on the blog to write about it. She also wrote here about having synesthesia which is an awesome phenomenon! 


2.) Light from the Shadows

Anna Deubell is fun and a very talented writer! I had the honor of meeting her in person last year at Realm Makers and I've been following her since. She gives fun writing tips with cool themes. Her one about Wicked recently was very cool!

3.) Quill Pen Writer

Melissa Gravitis is a clever writer who's living in Thailand! She gives many insightful writing tips, often revolving around fantasy. I loved her post about writing religions. I also had the honor of having her on the blog a while back to talk about living in Thailand!



4.) The Story Scientist

Anna Haber is studying to be an actual scientist! How cool is that? She often posts scientific facts that are awesome plot bunnies for sci-fi writers! I also really like her segment where she analyzes the first lines of books and why they're effective. It's really cool to see such a break down!




5.) Gossiping Dragons



Imogen Elver is an Australian blogger who writes lots of inspiring tidbits about being a writer! I've often read her blog and felt so inspired and uplifted. I also had the honor of having her on the blog to talk about living in Australia!


My keyboard pen pal Liz Brooks @ Out of Coffee Out of Mind has tagged me for this forever ago. Now I'm finally doing it. Thanks so much. ^ ^

The rules are thus and such: 


Les rules:

  • Smile and twirl in a circle and look at your favorite inspiring thing (while trying not to fall over because now you’re dizzy) as you prepare yourself for the wisdom I’m about to impart to you. 
  • Thank your gorgeous, lovely tagger. 
  • Tag however many bloggers you please. 
  • Have fun, be honest (we’ll know if you’re not), and answer all the questions (feel free to add some of your own!). 

1. What is one of the most inspiring things for you? - Just one? Art. I love looking at art. I'll see a picture and go, "Wow, I need to write a scene like that." I was inspired to write an entire book from one piece of art. I have pieces of art in my room such as griffins with jewelry and modern day girl representing Artemis next to a stag that just inspire me every time I look at them. 



2. Where do you look for inspiration? - I guess when I'm trying to intentionally find inspiration, it's definitely music, especially sound track music. I'll listen to a piece and go, "Oooo! I could totally write a scene to that." Or if I find a piece of music that perfectly fits the mood to a scene I'm writing, I feel far more into it than before.




3. When and where does inspiration tend to hit you? - At random really. I once had inspiration strike me while I was waiting for my plane to take off to Canada or another time while I was in a hunting stand with my dad and bored out of my mind. 


4. What’s the first thing you do when inspiration strikes? - Write it down, either on my phone or a notebook or anything else that can be written on. 


5. What’s the most inspiring book/song/website/etc. you’ve found? - The piece "Krone" from the Guilty Crown soundtrack. Every bloody time I listen to that song I feel inspired. It moves my soul.




6. What’s one piece of advice you would give to people struggling for inspiration? - Don't wait for it. Chase it with a net, tackle it, tie it up, and haul it away as your captive. 






Lastly thank you, Kate @ Story and Dark Chocolate for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition! I think I've done this tag a while back, but I've grown since this so I don't mind doing it again. XD


  • Thank the blogger who nominated you.
  • Tell a little bit about how you started blogging.
  • Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
  • Nominate 15 other bloggers.

The Origin Story - I started this blog shortly after joining the Go Teen Writers Facebook group, because I heard about this thing called platform and it seemed like everyone had a blog. So I thought, "Sure, why not?" I had no idea what the heck I was doing and didn't figure out what the heck I was doing until like two years later, but I think I figured out somewhat what the heck I'm doing because some folks seem to like my posts.

First Piece of Grand Wisdom: Be social. Yes, many people who blog are introverts, but my blog didn't start taking off until I branched out to other blogs and started making friends. The other essential half is replying to every comment on my blog. Yes, this can be time consuming, but the person took the time to post a comment however short or long on my blog, I can at least have the courtesy to comment back. Honestly, it makes or breaks whether I follow a new blog if they reply to my comments or not. Half the fun of blogging is interacting with readers and other bloggers.

Second Piece of Grand Wisdom: Be consistent. Yes, I know life happens. But often I will stop following a blog if they don't post consistently. If I've become friends with this blogger I give them some slack, but bloggers who sporadically post I honestly don't have time for. I never know if they're going to have new content or not when I check their blogs. Write to the pace that suits you. If you can only post every Friday do that or even every other Friday do that, just do it and do it consistently.


Nominees: 


You can do one tags, two tags, or all the tags. It's up to you. Just know I'm thinking about you. XD  I'm doing five cause it takes a long time to gather fifteen bloggers and I'm doing this post the night before it goes up. I'm tired. XD

1.) The Author @ To Write or Not to Write


2.) Michelle @ Faerie Fits


3.) Astrid @ Her Website


4.) Cheyenne @ Cheyenne Raphael Writes


5.) Mary @ Sunshine Scribblings


Have you done this tag? What are you some of your answers to these questions? 



You may also like:
Freestyle Writing Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment