Sunday, July 3, 2016

Writerly Bundle #22: Autoschediasm, The Cheshire Cat, & the Jabberwocky




Welcome to this week's Writerly Bundle! A post where I hope to inspire you with three of the world's greatest things: music, words, and tea.

The tea is called the Jabberwocky thus this post must be Alice in Wonderland themed. Nuff said.

 

The Word:

autoschediasm
noun
1.) something that is improvised or extemporized.

Example Sentence: I think half of Alice in Wonderland is autoschediasm.


The Song:
"The Cheshire Cat"
from the Alice in Wonderland original score
by Danny Elfman

Frankly, I hadn't listened to this soundtrack before this post, but I needed a piece for the theme hence why I did. The piece I've chosen is very queer with soft music box, vocals, and off kilter violin. It's soft and pensive for the former half then it escalates near the end before quieting down and alluding back to Alice's theme. This is a good piece for a weird or mysterious part of a fantasy or historical perhaps story. 




The Tea:


The Jabberwocky



If I were the Mad Hatter, what tea would I serve to the Jabberwocky? Perhaps the uffish beast would enjoy something chocolaty? Maybe a finish of eucalyptus would soothe his frumious mind! Mind you, with teeth like snicker-snack’s there would be no turning back so it must be pleasing to the eyes! Purple, green, brown between, so pretty his eyes will gyre! So through the tulgey forest I shall brew and pour us a beautiful cup of the most beautimus tea that he will ever see. I must say - the slithy toves will run away, the jubjub bird will feel okay, and at brillig under the tumtum tree, the Jabber and me will sip some tea! He will chortle and the manxome beast will burble out that he is pleased and the days of worrying that he will eat you will be far away - oh frabjous day!

No more mimsy cups of tea! The Jabberwocky is strong and smooth with a full mouth of wildflower nectar and honey drizzled on a fresh french baguette with a light hint of salt. The middle of the sip hints at creamy chocolate and plum dipped in luscious silky caramel. The finish hints at camphor and eucalyptus, leaving your mouth feeling fresh and wanting more! The beautiful wet leaves are light brown, mottled with green and purple, and emit the aroma of honey, camphor, and a cool mineral freshness reminiscent of standing at the edge of a raging river. Enjoy the strong qi of this smooth and silky brew anytime of the day, and don’t worry about over-brewing…we knew that the Jabberwocky didn’t like bitterness or astringency, so you won’t find either in this cup!

How I found it:Sara Letourneau introduced me to Whispering Pines Tea Company with this blend actually. Since I love fandom-inspired blends, I knew I had to check out their site. I've bought several teas from them and they've become my second favorite tea company. I love their simply, but quality teas. As a perk, I love that they include inspiring quotes from people such as Winston Churchill and E.E. Cummings with every purchase!

The Tea: Whispering Pines had a sample deal where you could pick three teas of your choosing for only $5 and this is one of the teas I picked since I love reviewing fandom-themed teas. This tea very much reminds me of the Jabberwocky. The tea leaves are a brownish purple hue and twisted. 

However, the tea is much better smelling than I can imagine a Jabberwocky. The loose tea smells like a fresh baguette with sweet tartness of plum jam and saltiness of caramel. The tea brews dark and without sugar it retains the jam on a baguette taste but with a hint of caramel and a slight eucalyptus flavor. With sugar, the chocolate and honey taste comes out with more coolness from the caramel. This definitely has the fantastical strangeness characteristic of Wonderland. I could see the Mad Hatter drinking this at his tea party. 



Serving Recommendations: I steeped this tea at 206 F for three minutes and added sugar.

How much is it and where can you get it? You can purchase this tea online at the Whispering Pines Tea Company website for $8.25 USD. However, this tea is limited and only available at certain times, but you can sign up for notifications for when it goes in stock again.

So how good is it? This is a delightful fitting tea! Four stars!



Have you seen or used this word before? Have you heard this piece before? Have you tried this tea? Have you seen or read Alice in Wonderland?


Click here for last week's Writerly Bundle!


If you liked this post, come back every other Tuesday for book reviews; Friday for tags, character interviews, and link-ups; Saturdays for writing advice and life updates; and Sundays for the Writerly Bundle which includes a new soundtrack piece, vocabulary word, and tea review!

No comments:

Post a Comment