Friday, March 18, 2016

#WritersLife Tag, Behind the Scenes Tag, & A Writer's Thoughts Tag!






It's time for this month's tag! Well, three tags actually. Since I'm writing Silver Hood (Red Hood's sequel) currently, I though it a good time to break out these three writing tags I've been hoarding since fall. Emily @ Camo & Pearls tagged me in the Behind the Scenes Tag and Alexa S. Winters @ Summer Snowflakes tagged me in the A Writer's Thoughts Tag. Thanks, you two! #WritersLife Tag I stole from Cait @ Paper Fury. Heh heh. I'll also be sharing a bit about Silver Hood where the questions allow.


#WritersLife


1.) Write Fuel: What do you eat/drink while writing? - I drink lots and lots of tea. Chai tea. Green tea. Herbal tea. Black tea. Oolong tea. Can you tell by all of my tea posts? Some of my favorites are Abnegation from Divergent, Armin but a Bit Alarmin' from Attack on Titan, Momiji the Rabbit from Fruits Basket, Patched from the Avengers, Ruby Rose from RWBY, and Yuki the Rat from Fruits Basket blends.

2.) Write Sounds: What do you listen to while writing? - Music. Lots and lots of music.

3.) Write Vice: What's your most debilitating distraction? - I don't really have an extreme problem with internet distraction like most people seem to, but one thing that does distract me is self doubt I suppose. I doubt if I really know what I'm doing or if this novel is going to get published or if I'm wasting my time.

4.) Write Horror: What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you while writing? - The worst thing? I actually can't recall a worst thing that's happened to me while writing ... Which is a good thing I suppose.

5.) Write Joy: What's the best thing that's ever happened while writing or how do you celebrate small victories? - The best thing so far was finding out I was going to be published in a magazine in the middle of editing Red Hood. ^ ^

Armin and a Bit Alarmin' Tea.
6.) Write Crew: Who do you communicate with or not communicate while writing? - My best friends mostly. One is my writing buddy and the other my editing buddy, but I talk to them most of them time writing or not so ... XD

7.) Write Secret: What's your writing secret to success or hidden flaw? - I don't consider myself a really successful writer yet, so I'll go with the latter. My hidden flaw is I have to psych myself up before and during the first leg of any part of writing. I usually have a procrastinating and gaining speed period where I have to fight off a lot of insecurity, before my determination kicks in.

8.) Write-Spiration: What always makes you productive? - For writing: word wars. For editing: rewards. For going over critique or readovers: good music.

9.) Write Peeve: What's one thing writers do (or you do) that's annoying? - Honestly ... I find it a bit annoying when some writers can't buck up and sit down and write. It doesn't take long to write a hundred words a day. If you want to make something happen, you'll make time for it. Don't wait for the "right time," because it's never going to come. You just have to do it.

10.) Write Words: Share one sentence from a project, past or present. - While in Canada I was really inspired by the inukshuks of the Inuits. I've officially included Canadian/Inuit influence in Red Hood and this is something alluding to that:
Not far away stood a stack of stones in the rough shape of a man, slab legs spread diagonally and hands out straight with one stone as its head. ~Excerpt from Silver Hood
Just do it people! Make your dreams come true! Sit down and write!
Behind the Scenes Tag
1.) Is there a certain snack you like to eat while writing? - Since I talked about what I drank in the last similar question and I don't want to repeat myself, I shall now talk about what I like to eat. I like mochi if I can get a hold of it. Mochi is Japanese rice cakes. I like cheese on crackers and fruit. Sometimes I do popcorn and dried cranberries. It's a wonderful combination. Don't judge. I also like guava paste with cream cheese on Cuban crackers. I'll sometimes have regular, like, American cookies if I have them around the house. I like expanding my diet outside of normal USA food, okay? XD

2.) When do you normally write? Night, afternoon, or morning? - *owl hoot*

3.) Where do you write? - At my big oak desk in my room for the most part. I may try writing in this local coffee shop though ...

4.) How often to you write a new novel? - I'm trying to write a first draft for a new novel once or twice a year.

5.) Do you listen to music while you write? - As I mentioned before yes, but now I'll expand. I mostly listen to soundtracks as I write, because I like to get into the mood. I have playlists for each of my stories. Red Hood has a mix of Beasts of the Southern Wild, Game of Thrones, and Skyrim while Subsapien has a mix of Divergent, I Am Number Four, and the Hunger Games.

6.) What do you write on? Laptop or paper? - Laptop. I don't have the patience for handwriting and I don't want the extra work of having to type the whole thing into the computer. I take type 500 words in ten minutes which is way faster than my handwriting speed.

Me writing.
  7.) Is there a special ritual you have before or after you write? - Not particularly. Usually I'm in my pajamas and when I really want to get into the zone I turn off all of the lights and burn candles.

8.) What do you do to get into the mood to write? - A lot of times I don't "get into the mood" I just go for it. Waiting to "get into the mood" can hinder efficiency. Usually I have to start writing to get into the mood.

9.) What is always near the place you write? - This coaster a friend made of an item from my Starbloods series and a clay figuring of my character Ingrid.

10.) Do you have a reward system for your word count? - It depends. For a small goal like three hundred words for instance, it's a five minute break on the internet. For a large goal like ten thousand words, it's a starbloods. For a completed novel, I'll go out to one of my favorite restaurants.

11.) Is there anything about your writing process that others might not know about? - I develop my characters through character chats. I get compliments how my characters are so well-rounded and deep. Secret revealed: it's character chats

Ingrid and the Coaster
A Writer's Thoughts Tag

Les Rules
1. Tag 1 or more bloggers to do the tag.
2. Post a comment on their blog telling them you’ve tagged them or send them a message.
3. Copy these rules into your tag post.
4. Tag back to Zielle 
5. Include the above picture in your post. (It got lost somewhere so it's just blank for now XD)

1.) How long have you been writing? Why did you start writing? - I've technically been writing since I could dictate, but I finished my first novel at eleven and I got serious at writing at sixteen and bound and determined to be published at twenty. It's been a long journey. XD

2.) What is your strategy? How do you write your story and form your characters? - Gosh, this would be a long answer, but I'm going to make it short. I think up an idea, I brainstorm it, I outline it with the Three Act Structure, I come up with the world and characters, I write the first draft, I wait six weeks, 

3.) Have you ever had your novel/story/poem published? - Yes, my short story "The Six Swans of Salem" will be published in Splickety: Havok magazine in April. ^ ^

4.) How would you describe yourself in one or two words? Why? - Stubbornly passionate. I'm an extremely passionate person. I don't just like things I LOVE them and I will defend them to the death. I'm stubborn. When I'm determined to do something, I will do anything possible to make it happen.



5.) Why do you write? - I feel like it's what I'm meant to do.

6.) What inspires you? - Art. Music. My faith. Nature. Animals. My favorite fandoms.

7.) What do you suggest to other budding writers? - Be passionate. Passion, hard work, and determination is what is going to make dreams happen. *smiles with a twinkle and thumbs up like Gai-Sensei*

8.) What kind of genres do you prefer? - Speculative. Science-fiction, fantasy, and steampunk. It's what I write and what I read.

Those genres give me the wave of feels.
The Nominees:
Pick and choose whichever of these tags you wanna do or do none. It doesn't matter.







And that's it! Thank you to everyone who tagged me!


What are some of your answers to these questions? Have you ever done these tags before? Share a link! What are some of your answers to these questions? What say you, my mochis? I'm trying a tribe name. Mochis are little Japanese rice cakes that happen to be one of my favorite desserts and can be drawn in these adorable animated forms:

You may also like:

If you liked this post, come back every other Tuesday for book reviews; Friday for tags, character interviews, and link-ups; Saturdays for writing advice and life updates; and Sundays for the Writerly Bundle which includes a new soundtrack piece, vocabulary word, and tea review! To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment