Sunday, March 13, 2016

Writerly Bundle #6: Provenance, Remember to Smile, and Brigadoon Breakfast





Welcome to this week's Writerly Bundle! A post where I hope to inspire you with three of the world's greatest things: music, words, and tea.

Today's theme is Scotland! Why? Because of this delicious Scottish Breakfast blend I have to share with you!

The Word:

provenance
noun
1.) place or source of origin: The provenance of the ancient manuscript has never been determined.

Example Sentence: Though the blend of this tea is Scottish tea, most of the ingredients are of Chinese provenance.

White Needle Tea (Image not mine)
The Song:
"Remember to Smile"
from Brave
by Patrick Doyle

Confession: I'm not a massive fan of brave. I am a fan of Patrick Doyle. This piece has Scotland written all over it with bagpipes and Celtic flutes throughout. The song begins softly and escalates into an energetic piece with an addition of Celtic drums. This is good for novels whether fantasy or historical that have Scottish themes.


The Tea:


Brigadoon Breakfast




Like the fictional Scottish town of Brigadoon, this special Leap Year tea only appears once every few years. Luckily, it's every four years instead of a hundred!

Celebrate Leap Day with this Scottish Breakfast Blend of Assam and Keemun teas. We've added a touch of Silver Needle and blue cornflowers to evoke the blue and white of the Scottish flag that Brigadoon would fly.

Leap Day is needed to correct the fact that the Gregorian calendar year is about 6 hours shorter than a solar calendar year. The extra day is an opportunity to do something out of the ordinary, something that doesn't come along too often. 


How I found it: My Adagio Teas email subscription notified me that this exclusive Leap Year Day tea was on sale for February 29th only. Limited edition leap year tea? I snatched that up. Because this is only available every four years and the tea didn't get to me until a few days after Leap Year, I suppose I'm just going to be reviewing this tea four years in advance, so when Leap Year comes round again you'll be ready.


This tea comes from the same site I bought the Avengers set, Sherlock set, Tolkien set, Avatar: the Last Airbender set, Doctor Who set, Attack on Titan set, RWBY set, Divergent set, Firefly, and Fruits Basket set from!

The Tea: I studied some of the reviews before purchasing the tea and I got a little wary when someone complained the tea tasted like cereal, but many of the other reviews praised this tea, so I decided to be brave (See what I did there?) and get a package. When you first open the package the smell does resemble a healthy cereal. However, this is one of those teas where the brew tastes very different than the leaves.


In a nutshell, this tea tastes like Earl Grey and Irish Breakfast had a baby. This tea has the hearty, floral taste of earl grey with the strength of Irish Breakfast without that lingering aftertaste I don't care for the latter tea possesses. It has light and sweet tastes of corn flowers and honeysuckle which remind me of the rolling hills of Scotland dotted with wild flowers. There are also some definite spicy notes from the keemum and assam inside this blend.


Are you sure you're set with tea until next Leap Year, Merida?
Serving Recommendations: I steeped this tea at 212 F for five minutes and added sugar, cream, and a tap of cinnamon.

How much is it and where can you get it? Every four years you can find this tea at the Adagio Teas website. A 3 oz. pouch is $10, that's at least twenty cups of tea, probably more, so you can stock up with Leap Year Day comes.

So how good is it? Should you wait four years for this blend? I'm not sure it's that good, but this is a pleasant Scottish themed blend worth trying. 3.5 to four stars!




Bonus! If you are a first-time Adagio customer I can send you a $5 giftcard! Ask in the comments for details! (This is no joke and no catch I seriously can. It's part of the amazingness of Adagio Teas)


Have you seen or used this word before? Have you heard this piece before? Have you tried this tea? Have you seen Brave?




If you liked this post, come back every other Tuesday for book reviews; Friday for tags, character interviews, and link-ups; Saturdays for writing advice and life updates; and Sundays for the Writerly Bundle which includes a new soundtrack piece, vocabulary word, and tea review! To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment