Sunday, February 28, 2016

Writerly Bundle #4: Prepossessing, Emma Main Titles, and Emma's Perfect Match





Welcome to this week's Writerly Bundle! A post where I hope to inspire you with three of the world's greatest things: music, words, and tea.

In the middle of winter, I bring you a hint of Spring in this Jane Austen-inspired grouping! I'm not normally a girly person. I'm more of a kick-butt and taking names kind of girl, but Jane Austen is one of my few exceptions.


The Word:

prepossessing
adjective
1.) that impresses favorably; engaging or attractive: a confident and prepossessing young man.

Example Sentence: Mr. Knightley is prepossessing man.


The Song:
"Main Titles"
from Emma
by Rachel Portman

Since I'm doing a tea about Emma, I had to include a piece from the film! I haven't seen this movie in so long, but all of this Emma has made me want to watch it. I love Gwyneth Paltrow in this role as the young matchmaker. This piece is lovely, calming, and happy with a tint of nostalgia. The flute and harp have such a beautiful duet.The violins are so sweet as well. This piece is good for a fairy tale, a historical, and it could even be applicable for a contemporary.



The Tea:

Emma's Perfect Match




The Description: This is an elegant, youthful green tea and full of romance for matchmaking, especially with the addition of pink rosebuds and rose petals.  Add to this, real dried strawberries very likely picked right from Mr. Knightley's garden. There is a ladylike hue, dare we say blush, to the steeped cup thanks in part to hibiscus which represents Emma's sharp wit and occasional sharp tongue. Altogether it is a blend even Mr. Woodhouse surely could not object to if taken with friends in the comfort of ones home.

In this cup, we hope Emma at last finds the perfect match and we celebrate with this aromatic and delicious blend!

China green tea, roses, strawberry, dried fruits assorted, rhubarb and hibiscus and natural flavoring.


 How I found it: Bingley's Teas was generous enough to give me a lovely box of samples for review! I discovered them because of Sara Letourneau over at Bibliophile's Reverie!

The Tea: Before we even get to the tea, can I take a moment to talk about how lovely these teas are packed? I know that's a strange thing to talk about, but oh my goodness, I'm not a girly person, but I felt so girly when I received this box packed with crinkles of blue and lovely blue tissue paper. I am not a fan of pink, so I was in absolute bliss to see girly wrapping in blue! 


A wax-sealed envelope!
*clears throat* Now onto the tea.

First of all, this tea smells like heaven. You probably know by now that I am an absolute sucker for rose teas (You can check out my Ruby Rose and Yuki blends for confirmation of this statement). Then put rose with a strawberries. *sighs in ecstasy* Can I get an amen? This tea brews a light rose petal pink. Even without sugar it's a sweet and like the description says it has a strong rose flavor. It ends with strawberry and rhubarb flavors, with not too much of a hibiscus taste since I haven't had much luck with hibiscus (Anyone remember the Passion tea review? Yeah nope).

This tea is perfectly fitting for Emma. It is beautiful from rose, sweet like the rhubarb, cunning and witty like the strawberries, subtle and charitable from the green tea, and with a hint of mischief and naughtiness from the hibiscus. This perfectly suits her character!

Serving Recommendations: I steeped this tea at 212 F for four minutes and added sugar.

How much is it and where can you get it? You can find this tea at the Bingley's Tea's website for $16.95 for 6o grams of tea. That's a lot of tea. You could make at least twenty cups from that. It comes in a gorgeous book box (which I'll show you in another review).

So how good is it? Five stars! This is a truly wonderful tea in every way! 


Have you seen or used this word before? Have you heard this piece before?Have you tried this tea? Have you seen or read Emma?




If you liked this post, come back every other Tuesday for book reviews; Friday for tags, character interviews, and link-ups; Saturdays for writing advice and life updates; and Sundays for the Writerly Bundle which includes a new soundtrack piece, vocabulary word, and tea review! To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment