Sunday, February 14, 2016

Writerly Bundle #2: Aeonian, The Council of Elrond, and Korean Honey Plum Tea




Welcome to this week's Writerly Bundle! A post where I hope to inspire you with three of the world's greatest things: music, words, and tea.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I've striven to pick love-related items for today's post. ^ ^


The Word:

aeonian
adjective
1.) eternal; everlasting.

Example Sentence: The love between Rouyn and Elasa is aeonian.


Elasa is the blonde and Rouyn has the sword. They're from my fantasy called Starbloods.

The Song:
The Council of Elrond 
from the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 
by Howard Shore

The Lord of the Rings soundtracks are one of the most epic soundtracks there. I've posted about them before, but I thought this piece would be especially appropriate for today. Half of this piece is a romantic encounter between Aragorn and Arwen and the other half covers the proceedings of the Council of Elrond. The members of the fellowship show love to Frodo and for their world by volunteering to be in the Fellowship of the Ring. Though this isn't a romantic sort of love, it is phileo love or friendship love.

This songs has all sorts of emotions in it from mystery to romance to impending peril to pure epicness. It has a lovely orchestra with female Elvish vocals and a lighthearted flute. This piece is perfect for a fantasy for a romantic scene, for a council scene, for a tense scene. It's very versatile!




The Tea:


Korean Honey Plum





Image not mine.


How I found it: This is another tea from Hmart. In my Hmart here in Atlanta, there's a little French/Asian (I don't even know) cafe called Tour de Jours. There they sell half French half Asian pastries and drinks such as rice donuts, milk buns, Bubble Tea, and Korean Tea. Last year, it was particularly cold when I went and I needed a hot drink to warm up and the Korean tea sounded really interesting, so I decided to give it a shot. 

The Tea: I adore this tea! I get it every time I go to Hmart now. The reason why it's "Korean tea" instead of just tea is that Korean's make their tea by letting infusions such as roots, leaves, honey, and fruit marinate for a long time in water until it becomes a marmalade-like substance. This gives the tea a very strong flavor--in this case tart plum balanced perfectly with sweetness. I could see this as a great drink to have if you have a cold, since it's so soothing as it goes down your throat. It's such a tasty tea!

This is my expression while drinking this tea.

Serving Recommendations: This is a very unique tea as I've described above. Instead of bags it's a marmalade like mix which (according to what I've researched since I've had this tea prepared for me as opposed to making it myself), you put a teaspoon of the mix into boiling water. This is particular type is pre-sweetened.

How much is it and where can you get it? You get this tea at Hmart either at a Tour de Jours cafe for $2.50 a cup or you can buy jars of it for about $5-20 a jar depending on the size.

So how good is it? This is one of my favorite kinds of tea. If you have a date consider having some Korean tea with a loved one. ^ ^ Five stars!

Have you seen or used this word before? Have you heard this piece before? Have you seen The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the RingHave you tried this tea?




If you liked this post, come back every other Tuesday for book reviews; Friday for tags, character interviews, and link-ups; Saturdays for writing advice and life updates; and Sundays for the Writerly Bundle which includes a new soundtrack piece, vocabulary word, and tea review! To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment