Saturday, October 31, 2015

Monthly Summary: October 2015




Life picked up this month with several highlight events and with writing. Fall has finally come and the weather is cool and the leaves are ablaze. I'm so happy to be able to wear jeans and jackets again--and all of my Fall shows are back. Yesssssss! It puts me in the the writing moods! I also did a little redesigning and after a few HTML scares I've gotten everything working.


What I did:

1.) I finished extending Red Hood! Woo hoo! :D Now the book will be 100K. Now I just have to edit it and off it goes to another publisher! I also got some promising news from another publisher for the book. *crosses fingers*

Happiness!
2.) In the outside world, I had a great time at the Georgia National Fair with some of my friends and at Cagle's Family Farm with my Kung Fu group! Lots of rides and corn mazes and fair food and hayrides and various farm animals galore!

On the Wild Mouse ride at the Georgia National Fair.
In the corn maze at Cagle Family Farm.
Update: My casual Doctor Who cosplay from Halloween complete with sonic screwdriver and Dalek gloves.


3.) I finished read both the Revised Life of Ellie Sweet by Stephanie Morrill and Blur by Steven James. Reviews coming!


4.) I finished drawing my characters Brian and Harlowe doing different expressions for my Expressions Challenge I gave myself this year. ^ ^

Harlowe from Starbloods
Brian from Subsapien

The Geeky Department:

1.) I'm watching the Flash and Arrow. So glad to be seeing my two favorite TV show superheroes again.

Barry being epic.
2.) Castle. So much Castle. Caskett forever!

I love this man.
3.) I watched Black Bullet. Good anime. Excessive swearing. -_-

Enju and Rintaro as so cute. 
4.) Once Upon a Time! EMMA, COME BACK TO US!

Can we have this Emma back? Pleeeeease?
5.) I'm liking the new season of Doctor Who a lot better than the last, but still getting used to Sonic Sunglasses ...

Still getting used to them ...
What I Learned:

1.) Brainstorming is great, but brainstorming out loud has improved my brainstorming drastically. Cassia and I have been doing it a lot over webcam (She lives in Canada) and we plotted both of our books that way and got them done in about a week! Talking out your ideas helps so much. Any time we've gotten stuck we've cammed and talked out our problem and gotten it solved the same day.

2.) Rejections get easier somewhat. I got yet another one. This one I got over in a day. Yay progress of recovery. XD I'm up to seven now that I've ever gotten.

3.) One gets so much more excited for Nano when they know someone is doing it with them. Last year I did NaNo alone and it was a struggle, but with warring with Cassia so much this month I know next month will be way funner than last year. I can get about a thousand words written in just three ten minute word wars. This has gotten me so ecstatic for NaNo!

4.) At the Georgia National Fair, I went to a Blacksmith's demonstration and I learned a lot! Beeswax was used to keep metal from rusting. People used to have portable forges which were on a wagon. I learned about gray metal and cold metal and all that which is the different hardness of metals depending on temperature and how to get them there. It was so cool!

5.) I ate a honeycomb and it was good. I've wanted to try one for a while and I finally bought a jar of honey with the comb in it at the fair. It's basically like eating chewy honey. You can eat the wax as well. This could be handy for stories set historically or on a farm. I heard about eating a honeycomb from my step Grandmother who lived near an apiary and I wanted to try one since.

Image not mine.
What I'm Going to Do:

1.) Next month, I'm doing NaNoWriMo! I'm so pumped because I'm doing it with one of my writing buddies, Cassia. ^ ^

2.) I'm going down to a friend's house for a few days to see Mockingjay Part 2 with her! So excited! Also there's Thanksgiving. FOOD! And lastly I'm seeing a DaVinci invention exhibition! Book research!

3.) I'm going to finish Me, Just Different by Stephanie Morrill and Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.



4.) I'm going to try to draw expressions challenges for: Ingrid, Caleb, and Ashlyn.

Isn't Ashlyn a cutie?
5.) And I want to do more reviews for Geeks Under Grace, particularly one of the Mockingjay Part 2, Peanuts, and The Silver Lining.

Last Month on Stori Tori's Blog ...

This month's words: 
Wonderful Word Wednesday: Hierogram
Wonderful Word Wednesdays: Accouterment
Wonderful Word Wednesdays: Inviolable

This month's teas:
Tea Tuesday: Wild Strawberry Cold Brew
Tea Tuesday: Wash
Tea Tuesday: Kaylee

This month's tunes:
Soundtrack Sundays: The Adventure Begins (King's Quest: A Knight to Remember)
Soundtrack Sundays: Murmurs of Love and Death (Pan)
Soundtrack Sundays: Danny (Broadchurch)
Soundtrack Sundays: Crisis (Black Bullet)

Writing Stuff:
Questions for Sting!
How Participating in Other Blogs' Activities Can Drastically Improve Your Blog
A Book Review of Failstate: Legends by John W. Otte
Beautiful Books: Introduce Your Novel - Subsapien: Hybrid
Writing Lessons from Movies: Mulan
Interview with Sting (Subsapien) 2
So Your Character is Homeschooled ...

Other Stuff:
The Get to Know Me Tag!

Coming Soon to Stori Tori's Blog ...

Next month's teas are one Avengers tea and the rest Hunger Games teas!

November 6 - Questions for Nox - A call for questions for one of my main characters of the third book of my science fiction series! The interview will follow on the 20th.

November 7 - How Can characters Be Powerful if They're Not Real? - Someone needs to make a post about this so I am. Characters are so amazing and I hate it when people diss them for this reason.

November 13- Beautiful Books - Where I will spiel more about my NaNo novel.

November 14 - Book Review (Failstate: Nemesis) - A book review of one of the best books I've read this year.

November 21 - Writing Lessons from Movies: The Hunger Games - In honor of the last Hunger Games film coming out next month I'm doing a post on how fantastically written the Hunger Games series is.

November 27 - Sweater Weather Tag & Liebster Award (for the third time!)


This was a really fun month and I can't wait for next month! So much exciting stuff happening! I hope you all have a happy fall, a happy Halloween, and a happy NaNo!


How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts? Do you like any of these shows? Did you know this stuff about blacksmithing? Are you doing NaNoWriMo? What do you think of the new design?

You may also like:

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment