Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tea Tuesday: Sangria




I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

Sangria




How I found it: While in downtown Marietta a few weeks ago, I noticed some of the antique shops were selling teas so I decided to buy three for Tea Tuesday and see how they were. 

The Tea: And this is my least favorite out of these blends. It contains apple, rose hips, strawberry and cherry flavors, hibiscus, lemongrass, and sunflower petals (or "peatls" as the package says. I wonder if those are different ...). I should have read the ingredients more thoroughly before buying this tea, because if you've read many of my other reviews, I don't like cherry very much. 

The only exception I've seen in teas is the dewy cherry tea sold by Adagio Teas. That is delicious. This ... tastes like cough syrup. 

When you first sip the tea you taste apple and rose and faint essences of the other flavors, then the cherry after taste kicks in. If you keep drinking the tea sip after sip it isn't as bad, but it still was not worth it to me.

Serving Recommendations: I steeped this tea for six minutes and added sugar. 

How much is it and where can you get it? I bought this tea in an antique shop called Dupre's in Downtown Marietta GA. Unfortunately I think you can only get it locally because it is called "Marietta Select." I would link to a website, but I don't think there is one. Perhaps a similar tea can be found online. I bought this tea for $3 for a sample size pouch which had a good amount of tea. 

So how good is it? I give this tea 2.5 stars. I won't be drinking any of it again.


Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment