Thursday, December 18, 2014

'Bout This Blogger




Paper Fury formally the Notebook Sisters is doing a link-up about blogging in celebration of their blog move, and I thought since this is the end of the year and nostalgia abounds it would be a good idea to do it. If you'd like to join in with your blog check out Paper Fury! It's a really cool site. ^ ^ Here are the questions!

1.) Why did you start blogging?
I began shortly after joining Go Teen Writers. I saw a bunch of other people doing it so I thought I'd give it a shot to build my writing platform. I wasn't very consistent at first, and I didn't really know what I was doing, but now I feel like I somewhat have a handle on things.

2.) What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
I've always thought it was funny that my nickname "Tori" rhymed with "story." It makes me think that it was destiny I was to be a writer and since this blog is partially a journal for my writer journey, I thought it would be a fitting name.

3.) How many designs have you been through since you started blogging? (Pictures! We demand pictures!) 
Only two major overhauls. This design and the former one that had a black background. I like the new one because it's cleaner. I don't have any pictures of the whole design, but I'll show you the former blog header. I've designed both of my headers.

My old blog header.
4.) Have you ever switched blog platforms? What made you move? If you haven’t ever changed…why?
I haven't, and I just haven't wanted to invest in buying a URL yet. I may eventually switch to Wordpress, but I'll have to see how things go.

5.) How long does it take you to write a post? What’s your postly process like?
It depends on the post. Some take about fifteen to twenty minutes while others have taken an hour or two. I post four times a week and each is different. For Tea Tuesday, I buy cool teas then try them and write about the taste and such. For Wonderful Wednesday, I keep tabs on any cool words be it a word I've heard from somewhere or a cool one pops up on my dictionary.com app. For Soundtrack Sunday, it's usually just about the soundtrack song I'm currently obsessing over or an old favorite.

My weekly Saturday posts are link-ups (like this one), book reviews, author interviews, character interviews, journal posts or writing how-to posts. Inspiration for those varies. For my how-to posts, I usually just let the inspiration come to me naturally.

6.) Have you ever been super nervous about a post? Why?! What was it?
I've been nervous about a few. It's usually when I'm being really honest or I'm talking about a controversial topic. I was nervous about "So Your Character is a Christian ...", "Harnessing Pain for Your Writing", and "Dear Christian Writers ...".

7.) Do you have a blogging schedule?
I partially covered it above. I blog on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and posts go up around 1 p.m. EST.

8.) Do you tell people In-Real-Life about your blog? Their reactions?
I sometimes mention it, but not that often. If I do, people usually say they'll read it ... but they don't often do.

9.) Top ten blogs you read/comment on the most! Go! Go!
1. Go Teen Writers
2. Paper Fury (Of course.)
3. Helping Writers Become Authors
4. Meek Geek
5. Summer Snowflakes
6. Get It Write Tonight
7. Dimensions of My Universe
8. Dreaming Hobbit
9. Sometimes I'm a Story
10. S.J.Aisling.com

10.) If you could change/improve things about your blog, what would they be?
I'd like to eventually get my own URL, and I need to get even more consistent with my posts. I tend to not post around the same time occasionally, and I possibly need to specify what sort of thing I'll post on every Saturday like the second Saturday I'll do a link-up and the third Saturday I'll do a book review or something like that and stick to it.

Well that's a little bit about the history of this blog! I hope you enjoyed it!

Do any of you blog? What's your journey been like?

You may also like:
Blogger Recognition Award & One Lovely Blog Award!
Liebster Award!
Liebster Award 2014

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment